INFORMATION FOR OUR CLIENTS & PARTNERS
17 March 2020
As you know, EIMC’s geographic footprint in North America is broad, so we are able to utilize local personnel effectively. On the global side as well our business model has always been to vet and utilize local resources as much as possible. As a result, we have a robust network of trusted colleagues around the world.
Due to our geographic “spread” we are already set up to work remotely so that we expect no disruption in our ability to respond and report in a timely fashion. These systems have successfully carried us through various NAT CAT situations over the past decade.
Please note new protocols for surveyors and message to stakeholders below.
At EIMC we have long recognized the value of ensuring our employees are able to have a healthy work-life balance. This includes robust paid time off policies – and we will make adjustments as needed to ensure that no one feels pressured to work when they should not.
Protocol for all surveyors (staff and subcontractors):
– Use disposable nitrile or latex gloves – to be put on prior to entering place of survey. Remove gloves only to handle your own personal equipment such as your camera and cell phone. Remove and discard gloves after exiting the location. Where possible ask personnel or individual at survey location to assist with manipulating the cargo/goods for inspection and photographing (e.g. removing cartons from pallets, opening packaging in stages, etc.)
– Maintain appropriate distance from others (as close to 6’/2m as possible).
– Practice proper hygiene – cough or sneeze with a tissue or into your elbow, turning away from other people. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Wash hands frequently and always upon returning to base. Refer to CDC guide for additional information.
– Do NOT attend a survey if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or if you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is currently in quarantine.
– Sub-contractors must confirm in writing that they have read and understood the required protocol; and they are required to inform us immediately if they are unable to attend survey due to newly manifesting flu-like symptoms after acceptance of an assignment, so EIMC can make alternate arrangements.
The following message to be sent to contacts at survey locations:
At EIMC we are committed to supporting our clients and partners during this challenging and uncertain period and to ensuring the health and safety of our team and yours as well as our communities as a whole. We have implemented new protocols for this purpose.
What you should expect at survey:
Our surveyor will wear disposable gloves upon entering your location and when handling any cargo or packaging. Gloves may be removed during photography or for use of cell phones or other personal equipment. Our surveyor may ask for assistance in manipulating cargo and packaging in order to facilitate inspection and photography.
Our surveyor will introduce themselves and greet you verbally only. Please help our surveyor maintain appropriate physical distance by doing so as well.
Our surveyors are required NOT to attend a survey if they experience flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is currently under quarantine.
If you have any concerns, please contact your EIMC representative.
During this challenging and tenuous time we must all act responsibly for the health & safety of our local and global communities while also supporting business continuation in the global supply chain.
Be well and be safe!